Does coleslaw go with pulled pork?
The Perfect Coleslaw for Pulled Pork This coleslaw recipe pairs well with (or on top of) Pulled Pork, BBQ Chicken Sliders, and BBQ Beef Sandwiches. Because it’s on the lighter side (less mayo than a typical store-bought recipe) it doesn’t drown out the delicious flavors of the recipe you might be putting it on.
What do you put in coleslaw for pulled pork?
Ingredients For Coleslaw
- Bagged chopped cabbage mix (red cabbage, green cabbage, and carrots)
- Red onion.
- Red wine vinegar.
- Granulated sugar.
- Kosher salt.
- Freshly ground black pepper.
How do you make Southern style coleslaw?
- 14 ounces coleslaw mix, or fresh cabbage.
- ¼ cup mayonnaise.
- ¼ cup sour cream.
- 1 tbsp vinegar, white or apple cider.
- 2 tsp sugar, can sub with honey.
- ⅛ tsp lemon juice.
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste.
How do you make pork coleslaw sandwiches?
- 1 cup mayonnaise.
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard.
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar.
- 3 tablespoons sugar.
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt.
- 1 teaspoon onion powder or 1 tablespoon finely grated onion.
- 2 teaspoons celery seeds.
- 1 16 ounce bag of coleslaw mix plain cabbage or tri-color deli style.
What sides go with pulled pork?
Wondering What to Serve with Pulled Pork? We Have 31 Tasty Ideas
- Grilled Corn with Spicy Aioli.
- Slow-Cooker Baked Beans.
- Light and Tangy Coleslaw.
- Easy Pretzel Buns.
- Cauliflower ‘Potato’ Salad.
- Jalapeño-Avocado Mac and Cheese.
- Rainbow Vegetable Skewers.
- Yogurt Biscuits with Honey Butter.
What do I serve with pulled pork?
What to Serve with Pulled Pork: 15 Party-Worthy Sides
- Sweet Corn Fritters.
- Honey Butter Biscuits.
- Spicy Collard Greens.
- Onion and Tomato Curtido Salad.
- Macaroni Salad.
- Cucumber Tomato Salad.
What are good toppings for pulled pork sandwiches?
To build your ultimate pulled pork sandwich, consider the following toppings:
- Dill pickles.
- Jalapeño slices.
- Red onion slices.
- Onion rings.
- Grilled bell peppers.
- Avocado slices.
How do I make my own coleslaw?
- Using a food processor, shred the cabbage and carrot using the grater blade.
- In a large bowl, mix together mayonnaise/yogurt with vinegar, honey, and salt.
- Add the shredded cabbage and carrots to coleslaw dressing and toss until well combined.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
What is Southern cole slaw?
Southern Coleslaw also known as Cole Slaw is a classic southern side the goes well with bbq. Shredded cabbage, mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice and sugar are just some of the slaw ingredients. Everybody loves how crunchy, creamy ,sweet and tangy it is.
What toppings go on a pulled pork sandwich?
What vegetable goes with pulled pork sandwiches?
9 Vegetable Side Dishes For Pork BBQ Sandwich
- Okra And Tomatoes. Flavor explosion of okra and tomatoes.
- Instant Pot Collard Greens.
- Creamy Southern Succotash.
- Broiled Tomatoes With Parmesan Cheese.
- Easy Cabbage With Leeks.
- Homemade Pickles With Leftover Pickle Juice.
- Steamed Broccoli.
- Roasted Green Beans.
How do you serve pulled pork at a party?
Cut the richness of the main dish with crunchy fresh vegetable sides. A tangy (rather than creamy) coleslaw makes a tasty sandwich topper or side salad. A simple crudité platter or green salad are great add-ons, and corn on the cob is perfect when it’s in season.