How do I automatically redirect to HTTPS in cPanel?
Redirect HTTP to HTTPS automatically
- Log into your cPanel.
- In the Domains section, click the Domains icon.
- This will open a page where you can toggle the HTTPS redirect on or off. We recommend leaving it on. If there is no option to enable HTTPS, it’s because that domain does not have SSL installed.
How do I enable SSL on HostGator?
HostGator SSL Install: How to Install an SSL Certificate in HostGator in 7 Steps
- Step 1: Choose an SSL Certificate.
- Step 2: Generate a Certificate Signing Request (CSR)
- Step 3: Get Public and Private Keys.
- Step 4: Provide the CSR Code to the Certificate Authority.
- Step 5: Complete the Validation Process.
How do I force HTTPS manually using File Manager?
You can activate the feature to force HTTPS on all incoming traffic by following these steps:
- Go to File Manager in your hosting panel and open . htaccess inside the public_html folder. If you can’t locate it, make sure to create or unhide it.
- Save the changes.
How do I redirect HTTP to HTTPS in Hostgator cPanel?
Go to the Websites & Domains tab. Click on Hosting Settings under the domain. Under Security, click the checkbox Permanent SEO-safe 301 redirect from HTTP to HTTPS. Scroll down and click OK to save.
How do I force SSL?
To force your visitors to use your Shared SSL certificate:
- log into your cPanel and access the redirects section.
- Set Type to Permanent (301)
- Next to redirects to, enter your website’s url using the Shared SSL Certificate.
- We recommend having Redirect with or without www.
- Ensure Wild Card Redirect is selected.
- Click Add.
How do I redirect http to https in HostGator Cpanel?
How long does it take for SSL to take effect HostGator?
This may take up to 15 minutes before the file is generated. If you are using HostGator name servers, your domain will be verified automatically by this process.
Can I force HTTP instead of HTTPS?
Yes it is of course. The simplest example is the user who just submits the request as http://…, either unconsciously or by will.