How do you use Square reader for the first time?
Plug in the Reader
- Open the Square Point of Sale app and insert the reader into the audio jack of your mobile device with Square’s logo facing you.
- Wait for an in-app message to display Reader Ready.
How do I receive payment through Square?
To accept payments with Virtual Terminal:
- Go to the Virtual Terminal Overview page.
- Select Take a Payment.
- Choose Quick Charge to add a custom amount or Itemized Sale to choose from your item library.
- Add an optional note to the sale.
- If applicable, select an existing customer from your Customer Directory.
Does Square Reader charge a fee?
Square’s standard processing fee is 2.6% + 10¢ for contactless payments, swiped or inserted chip cards, and swiped magstripe cards. Payments that are manually keyed-in, processed using Card on File, or manually entered using Virtual Terminal have a 3.5% + 15¢ fee.
Do you need a dock for Square reader?
No, the chip reader itself has a battery built in. The dock is just to charge it via a micro USB cable. Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
How long does the Square battery last?
Depending on what kind of power-draw your wall port and charging cable are designed for, it should only take two to three hours to charge the Square Reader fully. There isn’t much information about the Square Reader’s battery life, but Square says it’s designed for all-day use.
How do I link my bank account to Square?
Link your bank account from the Square App
- Open the menu, and tap Settings > Account > Bank Account > Add Bank Account.
- Enter the requested bank account information. You can find this information listed at the bottom of your checks, or you can contact your bank to confirm this information.
- Click Continue.
Does Square take debit cards?
Do Debit Cards Work with Square? Square can accept payments from debit cards out of the box. You don’t have to do anything to make your Square Reader compatible with debit cards. One thing to note is that debit card transactions will process like a credit transaction.
Does Square transfer money automatically?
After you activate a Square Point of Sale account and link a bank account, transfers are automatically sent per our Next Business Day schedule. Square will group and send payments based on the time you choose to end your day.
How do I set up my Square card reader?
Open the Square app and tap More from the navigation bar at the bottom of your screen. Tap Settings > Hardware > Card Readers > “Connect a Reader.” Put your reader into pairing mode by pressing the reader’s button for 3-10 seconds. Remove your finger as soon as you see orange flashing lights.
How long does Square reader battery last?
There isn’t much information about the Square Reader’s battery life, but Square says it’s designed for all-day use. The reader also goes to sleep after two hours of inactivity to help preserve the battery. However, as with just about any electronic device, your mileage may vary.
How do I connect my Square reader to my phone?
To connect your reader:
- Go to your device settings and make sure Bluetooth is turned on.
- Open the Square app and tap More from the navigation bar at the bottom of your screen.
- Tap Settings > Hardware > Card Readers > “Connect a Reader.”
- Put your reader into pairing mode by pressing the reader’s button for 3-10 seconds.
How do I turn off my Square reader?
To do so, visit your in-app Settings > tap Card Readers > select your reader from the list > tap “Forget this Reader.” You can also disconnect the reader by holding down the button on the reader for 20 seconds, until the red lights stop flashing.
How do you set up a square card reader?
Hold the card vertically with both the card and Square’s logo facing you.
How to use square to process credit cards?
Swiping the card through a Square Reader for Magstripe
How to use square to accept credit cards in person?
Your device+Square point of sale (POS) app+Square card reader
What are the fees for using square?