Should I wear lipstick to an interview?
But your lipstick must be applied with care. Bare lips would be better than blotchy lipstick or smudged lip liner. And you probably don’t want to be worrying about that during your interview. Here’s a secret: a sheer red lip stain might just be your best bet.
What kind of bag do you bring to an interview?
Only bring one bag or briefcase with you. Ladies, don’t bring several large bags into your interview. You don’t need everything you carry around on a daily basis. It’s best to bring only the essentials in a professional looking tote bag or purse.
What to say to tell me about yourself?
How to answer “Tell me about yourself”
- Mention past experiences and proven successes as they relate to the position.
- Consider how your current job relates to the job you’re applying for.
- Focus on strengths and abilities that you can support with examples.
- Highlight your personality to break the ice.
- Format your response.
What colors should you wear to an interview?
Neutral colors – navy, gray, black, and brown – are the best colors for a job interview. White is also an excellent color for a blouse or button-down shirt. You can certainly add a pop of color to a neutral interview outfit.
Should I wear glasses to interview?
Interviewers are very focused on assessing your intelligence. Indeed, research such as a 2007 study published in the Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin has revealed that job candidates who wear glasses are more likely to succeed in job interviews. Meetings where you want to be the center of attention.
How should I wear my hair for an interview?
How to style your hair for an interview
- Opt for straight and sleek styles.
- Wear loose waves or natural curls.
- Try a classy bun, ponytail or long braid.
- Choose an asymmetrical style for short hair.
- Consider a straight or curly bob.
- Style a clean and crisp pixie cut.
- Try a side part in your hair.
Is it OK to drink water during an interview?
Yes, drinking water during an interview is ok. Ideally, you’ll take sips of water at appropriate times during the interview such as before or after being asked a question by the interviewer. Also, try not to drink excessive amounts of water during the interview as this may become distracting.
Should hair be up or down for an interview?
So keep your hair swept away from your face during an interview to avoid playing with your strands. Some girls prefer to put their hair in a sleek bun or a ponytail instead, but that is all up to you. Just make sure that your hair swept back and out of your way.