What can I do with an old tall dresser?
10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- Space for a Sink. 1/11. Make a big splash in the bathroom by repurposing an old dresser as a vanity.
- Dressed for Dinner. 2/11.
- Drawer Decor. 3/11.
- Spring Wardrobe. 4/11.
- Tune In. 5/11.
- No Monster Under the Bed. 6/11.
- Open to New Possibilities. 7/11.
- Approach the Bench. 8/11.
What can you turn a tall dresser into?
- Turn a dresser into a bookshelf.
- Turn a dresser into an entryway table (or sofa table).
- Turn a dresser into a bathroom vanity.
- Turn a dresser into a bench.
- Turn a dresser into a kitchen island.
- Turn a dresser into a desk.
- Turn a dresser into a garden potting bench.
What can I do with an old wood dresser?
Repurposed Furniture Old Dresser Ideas and Makeovers
- A Curb Find into Bench.
- Remove the drawers then add some thin plywood and you have a great bookshelf!
- Pretty Provincial dresser Makeover.
- Give an old chest of drawers a new custom look with paint and stenciled numbers.
- IKEA Rast Hack, Wonder Woman Dresser.
Why did old dressers have locks?
Old dressers have locks because historically, people wanted to protect their stored belongings from employed house servants or anyone else that could intrude their privacy. Essentially, dressers were designed with locks to keep the owner’s property safe.
How do you refurbish an old dresser?
How to do it
- apply wood stripper. Apply Wood Stripper. Remove hardware from the dresser and place in a safe spot.
- scrape off paint. Scrape Off Paint.
- remove residue on dresser. Remove Residue.
- sand dresser. Sand Dresser.
- stain dresser. Stain Dresser.
- apply polyurethane to wood. Apply Polyurethane to Refinished Dresser.
How do you decorate an old dresser?
99 Clever Ways To Transform A Boring Dresser
- Paint a tribute to Warhol.
- Add fabric to the sides of the drawers.
- Cover the drawers with faux wood paneling.
- Use lace to re-cover the drawers.
- Paint stripes (even on laminate)
- Use stenciled letters to mark a special occasion.
- Or your favorite song.
How do you transform a dresser?
How to repurpose dresser without drawers?
Repurposed Furniture Ideas For Old Dressers.
How to build a rustic dresser?
“Be Grateful” Pallet Art. Upcycle those pallets into something decorative and rustic,like this project.
How to make shelves out of old Dresser drawers?
Wall hanging shelves. You can use the wall hanging shelves to store decorative pieces in general. So,pay much attention to finishing and polishing while making it.
How to redo a dresser for storage?
spray-on clear coat