What is a simple sentence give 10 examples?
Simple Sentences The train was late. Mary and Samantha took the bus. I looked for Mary and Samantha at the bus station. Mary and Samantha arrived at the bus station early but waited until noon for the bus.
What can I say instead of example?
For Example’ Synonym Phrases
- “For instance …”
- “To give you an idea …”
- “As proof …”
- “Suppose that …”
- “To illustrate …”
- “Imagine …”
- “Pretend that …”
- “To show you what I mean …”
Can for example start a sentence?
Answer and Explanation: Yes, you can start a sentence with ‘for example’. ‘For example’ is a prepositional phrase that is built using the preposition ‘for’
How do you write a strong sentence?
There are many writing tips available for those looking to craft better sentences:
- Keep it simple. Long sentences or overly complex sentences don’t necessarily make sophisticated sentence writing.
- Use concrete rhetoric.
- Employ parallelism.
- Mind your grammar.
- Properly punctuate.
- Practice writing.
Is for example correct?
For example is very widely used in English. For an example may be technically correct, however it is almost never used in conversation or writing.
How do you start a transition sentence?
Topic Sentences At the beginning of each supporting paragraph, start with a topic sentence. This is a way to introduce the ideas that you’re going to discuss in that paragraph. You can elevate your topic sentence by using a transition word or phrase to show that you’re switching to a new idea
What type of word is enthusiasm?
noun. absorbing or controlling possession of the mind by any interest or pursuit; lively interest: He shows marked enthusiasm for his studies. an occupation, activity, or pursuit in which such interest is shown: Hunting is his latest enthusiasm.
How do you use enthusiasm in a sentence?
Enthusiasm sentence example
- The student had an enthusiasm for science.
- He did not have an equal enthusiasm for all sports.
- Loaded with pastry, he was soon headed off to the park with his typical youthful enthusiasm .
- “I love you too,” Yancey mimicked with equal enthusiasm , and kissed her on the cheek.
How do you show excitement in writing?
If you need your readers to understand how excited you were at any given time, show them. Don’t just tell them, “I was so excited!” Show them the sweat beading your forehead as you raced to your destination. Show them the lifting of your cheeks as your lips parted way for an uncontrollable smile.
A simple sentence has the most basic elements that make it a sentence: a subject, a verb, and a completed thought. Examples of simple sentences include the following: Joe waited for the train. The train was late.
What are 10 examples of complex sentence?
10 Complex Sentences in English
- Although my friends begged me, I chose not to go to the reunion.
- Many people enjoyed the movie; however, Alex did not.
- Although the farmer is ready, the ground is still too wet to plow.
- If the ozone layer collapses, the global community will suffer.
- Although I’m not very good, I really enjoy playing football.
Whats Does Minor mean?
1 : inferior in importance, size, or degree : comparatively unimportant a minor artist. 2 : not having reached majority (see majority sense 2) He is the father of minor children.
What are 20 examples of compound sentences?
20 Compound Sentences in English
- I want to lose weight, yet I eat chocolate daily.
- A man may die, nations may rise and fall, but an idea lives on.
- I used to be snow white, but I drifted.
- We went to the mall; however, we only went window-shopping.
- She is famous, yet she is very humble.
- I saw Samuel yesterday but he didn’t see me.
What are 5 sentences?
- My mom taught me to finish everything on my plate at dinner.
- The only problem with a pencil, is that they do not stay sharp long enough.
- Our school building is made of bricks.
- Every night I get woken up by the sound of a barking dog across the street.
- Salad is for rabbits.
What are 5 examples of subordinating conjunctions?
Some examples of such subordinating conjunctions are once, while, when, whenever, where, wherever, before, and after. Once Batman learned that Robin had not been wearing his seatbelt, he took away his keys to the Batmobile.
What are the 7 types of sentences?
The other way is based on a sentence’s structure (simple, compound, complex, and compound-complex).
- Statements/Declarative Sentences. These are the most common type of sentence.
- Questions/Interrogative Sentences.
- Exclamations/Exclamatory Sentences.
- Commands/Imperative Sentences.
What are sentences 10 examples?
50 examples of simple sentences
- She doesn’t study German on Monday.
- Does she live in Paris?
- He doesn’t teach math.
- Cats hate water.
- Every child likes an ice cream.
- 6.My brother takes out the trash.
- The course starts next Sunday.
- She swims every morning.
What is an example of a sentence fragment?
Here is a glaring example of a sentence fragment: Because of the rain. On its own, because of the rain doesn’t form a complete thought. It leaves us wondering what happened because of the rain.
What are three sentences?
Three essential types of sentence are declarative sentences (which are statements), interrogative sentences (which are questions), and imperative sentences (which are orders). Join us as we give examples of each!
What are the different types of complex sentences?
There are two types: independent and dependent. Let’s explore these in a little more detail so that you can better understand complex sentences.
What are 5 examples of a compound?
- Water – Formula: H2O = Hydrogen2 + Oxygen.
- Hydrogen Peroxide – Formula: H2O2 = Hydrogen2 + Oxygen2
- Salt – Formula: NaCl = Sodium + Chlorine.
- Baking Soda – Formula: NaHCO3 = Sodium + Hydrogen + Carbon + Oxygen3
- Octane – Formula: C8H18 = Carbon8 + Hydrogen18
What is a example sentence?
What sentence example
- What time is it? 523. 174.
- What is an earthquake? 310. 156.
- What time are we going to leave tomorrow? 265. 123.
- What could he do about it but lose more sleep? 196. 106.
- What was that supposed to mean? 149.
- What in the world is this?
- What did she eat today?
- No one knows what the mother might do.
How do you fix a fragment sentence example?
How to Correct Sentence Fragments
- Add a subject or verb to complete the thought. Sentence Fragment: Enjoying his latest self-development book.
- Join the dependent clause with an independent clause to complete the thought. Sentence Fragment: Because her puppy got sick.
- Rewrite the portion with the fragment.
What is the difference between a minor and a simple sentence?
What is a minor sentence? A minor sentence (also called an irregular sentence), on the other hand, is any sentence that does not have at least one independent clause—that is, it does not have both a subject and a complete predicate—and yet is used in writing or speech as a complete sentence that stands on its own.
Which is an example of a compound sentence?
An example of a compound sentence is, ‘This house is too expensive, and that house is too small. ‘ This sentence is a compound sentence because it has two independent clauses, ‘This house is too expensive’ and ‘that house is too small’ separated by a comma and the conjunction ‘and.
What is a fragment in writing?
A sentence fragment is a group of words that looks like a sentence, but actually isn’t a complete sentence. Sentence fragments are usually missing a subject or verb, or they do not express a complete thought. While it may be punctuated to look like a complete sentence, a fragment cannot stand on its own.
How do you teach complex sentences?
How to Teach Complex Sentences
- Connect to and Build Prior Knowledge.
- Identify the Problem: Connect to Oral Language and Reading.
- RUNG 2.
- Identify the Solution: Connect to Oral Language and Reading.
- RUNG 3.
- Teach How to Write Dependent Clauses.
- RUNG 4.
- Teach How to Connect Dependent Clauses to Independent Clauses.
What are the 4 kinds of sentences with examples?
The 4 Types Of Sentences
- Declarative Sentence. This is a statement that ends with a full stop. Example: The boys ate more than the girls.
- Imperative Sentence. This is a command or a request.
- Interrogative Sentence. This sentence asks a question.
- Exclamatory Sentence. This expresses excitement and/or emotion.
What are the four types of fragments?
Recognize the most common fragments and know how to fix them.
- Subordinate Clause Fragments. A subordinate clause contains a subordinate conjunction, a subject, and a verb.
- Participle Phrase Fragments.
- Infinitive Phrase Fragments.
- Afterthought Fragments.
- Lonely Verb Fragments.
What are minor sentences?
: a word, phrase, or clause functioning as a sentence and having in speech an intonation characteristic of a sentence but lacking the grammatical completeness and independence of a full sentence (as Yes, indeed)
What are 5 examples of complex sentences?
Common Complex Sentence Examples
- Because my coffee was too cold, I heated it in the microwave.
- Although he was wealthy, he was still unhappy.
- She returned the computer after she noticed it was damaged.
- Whenever prices goes up, customers buy less products.
How do you use complex sentences?
A complex sentence is formed by adding one or more subordinate (dependent) clauses to the main (independent) clause using conjunctions and/or relative pronouns. A clause is a simple sentence. Simple sentences contain only one clause (verb group). Complex sentences contain more than one clause (verb group).
What is complex sentences and examples?
A complex sentence has one independent clause and at least one dependent clause. This means that the clauses are not equal, they use a co-ordinating conjunction that changes the rank of one or more of the clauses to make it less equal. For example; My Dad laughed when I told a joke.
What are the 4 kinds of sentences?
What Are the Four Types of Sentences?
- Declarative sentence.
- Imperative sentence.
- Interrogative sentence.
- Exclamatory sentence.
What are the 5 kinds of sentences with examples?
- Declarative Sentence (statement) Declarative sentences make a statement.
- Interrogative Sentence (question) Interrogative sentences ask a question.
- Imperative Sentence (command) Imperative sentences give a command.
- Exclamative Sentence (exclamation)
How do you tell if it is a sentence fragment?
When the full thought is not expressed because either the subject or the verb is missing, you have a sentence fragment. The problem with fragments is that they don’t tell the whole story. Key elements are missing, leaving the reader hanging without a sense of the full thought.
What is a simple sentence?
A simple sentence is a sentence that consists of just one independent clause. A simple sentence has no dependent clauses.
What are the 8 types of sentences?
Terms in this set (8)
- Simple Sentence. a sentence with only one independent clause.
- Compound Sentence. a sentence made up of two or more simple sentences.
- Complex Sentence.
- Compound-Complex Sentence.
- Declarative Sentence.
- Interrogative Sentence.
- Imperative Sentence.
- Exclamatory Sentence.
How do you write 5 sentences?
Write that as the last sentence to sum up what you’ve written….The classic five sentence paragraph uses the following format:
- Tell them what you are going to tell them.
- Tell them.
- Tell them.
- Tell them.
- Tell them what you told them.