How do I remove a package from Linux?
- Remove a package: Get the package complete name: dpkg –list | grep partial_package_name* Remove the package: sudo apt-get remove package_name. Remove all the dependencies: sudo apt-get purge package_name.
- Remove a Snap: Using remove command: sudo snap remove package_name. answered Aug 9, 2021 at 12:49. Mostafa Wael.
How do I remove apt install packages?
Uninstalling Packages With Apt
- Using apt remove. To remove a package using ‘remove’ simply type : $ sudo apt remove
- Using apt purge. We can very easily remove packages with the ‘purge’ command as such : $ sudo apt purge
How do I remove old packages from Ubuntu?
- 7 Ways to Uninstall Ubuntu Packages. Remove With Ubuntu Software Manager. Use the Synaptic Package Manager.
- How to Remove Package on Ubuntu From Command Line. Apt-Get Remove Command. Apt-Get Purge Command. Clean Command. AutoRemove Command.
How do I uninstall a package?
Uninstalling local packages
- Unscoped package. npm uninstall
- Scoped package. npm uninstall <@scope/package_name>
- Unscoped package. npm uninstall –save
- Scoped package. npm uninstall –save <@scope/package_name>
- Example. npm uninstall –save lodash.
Should I remove obsolete packages?
It is better to remove the obsolete package , an obsolete package is no available on the newest repository and may cause a security problems. Edit your mylist file by keeping only the package names.
How do I list pip packages?
To do so, we can use the pip list -o or pip list –outdated command, which returns a list of packages with the version currently installed and the latest available. On the other hand, to list out all the packages that are up to date, we can use the pip list -u or pip list –uptodate command.
How do I uninstall Conda package?
- To remove a package such as SciPy in an environment such as myenv: conda remove -n myenv scipy.
- To remove a package such as SciPy in the current environment: conda remove scipy.
- To remove multiple packages at once, such as SciPy and cURL:
- To confirm that a package has been removed:
What is obsolete package Linux?
An obsolete package is a package who is no longer provided by any of the APT repositories listed in /etc/apt/source. lists (and /etc/apt/sources.
How do I uninstall all dependencies and packages?
For Global Dependencies:
- We can update the global dependencies using the update command with the -g flag.
- We can update any particular global dependency using the following command: npm update -g
- We can uninstall a global dependency using the following command: npm uninstall -g
How do I uninstall a pip package?
To use pip to uninstall a package locally in a virtual environment:
- Open a command or terminal window (depending on the operating system)
- cd into the project directory.
- pip uninstall