How do I restore my Toshiba to factory settings?
Simultaneously press and hold the power button and 0 (zero) key to boot up the laptop. Release the 0 key when the laptop starts beeping. Select Yes to opt for System Recovery, then select Recovery of Factory Default Software > Next. Then, select Recover to Out-of-Box State > Next to start the process.
How do I wipe Windows 7 to factory settings?
The instructions are:
- Turn on the computer.
- Press and hold the F8 key.
- At the Advanced Boot Options screen, choose Safe Mode with Command Prompt.
- Press Enter.
- Log in as Administrator.
- When Command Prompt appears, type this command: rstrui.exe.
- Press Enter.
- Follow the wizard instructions to continue with System Restore.
How do I factory reset my Toshiba Satellite laptop without CD?
To factory reset a Toshiba laptop running Windows 10, choose Settings from the Start menu and then select Update & Security. From that screen, choose Recovery and then, beneath Reset This PC, tap or click Get Started. At this point, you have the options to keep your files, remove everything or restore factory settings.
How do I wipe my Toshiba laptop hard drive clean?
Click “Recovery of Factory Default Software” to restore the hard drive to its original state; click “Erase the Hard Disk” to wipe all data from the drive without reinstalling Windows.
How do I restore my Toshiba Satellite Windows 7?
From a complete shutdown.
- Hold down 0 (zero) key and then release this key just after the computer is powered on.
- Select Troubleshoot -> TOSHIBA Maintenance Utility -> TOSHIBA Recovery Wizard.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to finish the recovery.
How do you reset your laptop back to factory settings?
Reset the laptop Go to Start > Settings > Update and security > Recovery. At the top of the window, you’ll see Reset this PC. Click on Get Started and select Remove Everything from the box that appears. From there, you can select to reinstall Windows from the local drive or download from the cloud.