Can you AirPlay to a iMac?
Note: AirPlay to Mac is available on MacBook Pro (2018 and later), MacBook Air (2018 and later), iMac (2019 and later), iMac Pro (2017), Mac mini (2020 and later), and Mac Pro (2019) and works with iPhone 7 and later.
Why can’t I AirPlay from my iMac?
The most common reason for not seeing the AirPlay feature on your Mac is your display settings or WiFi problems. To fix this simply restart your WiFi connection, and activate the Show mirroring options in the menu bar when the available option is found inside the System Preferences, in the Display settings.
How do I stream AirPlay from my Mac?
Mirror your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to a TV or Mac
- Connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to the same Wi-Fi network as your Apple TV, AirPlay 2-compatible smart TV, or Mac.
- Open Control Center:
- Tap Screen Mirroring .
- Select your Apple TV, AirPlay 2-compatible smart TV, or Mac from the list.
Can u AirPlay from iPhone to Mac?
On your iPhone or iPad, look for the AirPlay button in the Control Center or within supported apps. If you want to share the screen of your device over AirPlay, tap the Screen Mirroring toggle in the Control Center. Then select your Mac from the AirPlay list.
How do you screen mirror from a Mac?
Mirror your Mac’s screen
- Click on the Control Center icon in the menu bar. It should be next to the time in the top-right corner, next to the Siri button.
- Click Screen Mirroring.
- You’ll see a list of devices that are available on your network to mirror your screen on. Click the device you want to use.
How do I AirPlay from my iPhone to my computer?
For iPad / iPhone
- Open the Control Center by swiping up from the bottom of the device screen or swiping down from the top right corner of the screen (varies by device and iOS version).
- Tap the “Screen Mirroring” or “AirPlay” button.
- Select your computer.
- Your iOS screen will show on your computer.
How do I add AirPlay to my Mac menu bar?
To do that, open up System Preferences and select “Displays”. At the bottom, check the box next to “Show mirroring options in the menu bar when available”. The AirPlay icon will now appear in the menu bar.