How do you describe the feeling of happiness?
Euphoric: A feeling of great happiness or well-being. Exhilarated: Feeling of happily refreshed and energetic; enliven, made joyful. Gleeful: Full of high-spirited delight; joy or merry. Jovial: Characterized by high-spirited merriment and good cheer.
How do you express excitement in words?
- hooray. interjection. mainly spoken a word that you shout to show that you are excited and happy about something.
- aah. interjection. used for showing that you are happy, satisfied, or surprised.
- excellent. adjective.
- lovely. adjective.
- happily. adverb.
- good for/on someone. phrase.
- hallelujah. interjection.
- good. adjective.
How do you say I’m happy?
More Words for “Happy”
- Pleased — This word means between “happy” and “satisfied.” Very often, you’re pleased with a particular thing.
- Cheerful — This is when someone is visibly happy.
- Exuberant — This is like cheerful — but even stronger.
- Euphoric — When you’re intensely happy.
- Merry — This is a little like cheerful.
What does elated mean?
marked by high spirits
How do you say I’m glad?
Synonyms for I am glad
- i am pleased.
- i am delighted.
- i am happy.
- i welcome.
- i am very pleased.
- it is a pleasure.
- i am very happy.
- it is my pleasure.
What emotion do you experience the most?
The most frequent emotion was joy, followed by love and anxiety. People experienced positive emotions 2.5 times more often than negative emotions, but also experienced positive and negative emotions simultaneously relatively frequently.
What can I say instead of I am happy?
Happy English or 25+ Ways to Say “I’m Happy”
- Cheerful – How can she be so cheerful at six o’clock in the morning?
- Contented [kən’tentɪd] – I felt warm, cozy and contented.
- Delighted [dɪla͟ɪtɪd] – We were delighted to see her.
- Ecstatic [ɪk’stætɪk ], [ek-] – I’m ecstatic about it!
- Elated [ɪ’leɪtɪd] – He was elated at the news of her arrival.
What is a fancy word for excited?
Showing enthusiasm or displaying positive energy about something. enthusiastic. eager. buoyant. delighted.
What is the most dangerous emotion?
What are some happy words?
What do you feel when you are glad?
That happy, buoyant emotion is a great feeling, whether it’s brought on by a big life event (like a wedding or birth) or something as simple as finding the perfect fruit at the farmer’s market. On an emotional level, we may feel joy in a variety of ways — tearfully, euphoric, with a deep sense of contentment, and more.
What kind of word is glad?
adjective, glad·der, glad·dest. feeling joy or pleasure; delighted; pleased: glad about the good news; glad that you are here. accompanied by or causing joy or pleasure: a glad occasion; glad tidings.
How do you express enthusiasm in writing?
The adjectives amazing, awesome, fantastic, incredible and unbelievable are known as extreme adjectives and express your enthusiasm. Used at the right moment, these adjectives add special emphasis and are used to show enthusiasm and joy. Be careful not to use these too often as they lose their impact when overused.
What does I’m so glad mean?
happy and pleased
What are the 30 emotions?
Robert Plutchik’s theory
- Fear → feeling of being afraid , frightened, scared.
- Anger → feeling angry.
- Sadness → feeling sad.
- Joy → feeling happy.
- Disgust → feeling something is wrong or nasty.
- Surprise → being unprepared for something.
- Trust → a positive emotion; admiration is stronger; acceptance is weaker.
Is glad a formal word?
Thanks for your help! To be glad is more informal. To be pleased is more formal. It is used both formally and informally.
What emotion is the strongest?
What can I say instead of I’m glad?
other words for glad
Is glad the same as happy?
I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas! In addition, generally speaking, we use the word “happy” when talking about something that personally gives us joy. We use the word “glad” when we want to say that another person’s good fortune makes us feel good.
How can I express very happy?
Let’s take a look at some of the phrases, idioms and words we can use to express happiness and its different shades and nuances.
- Pleased as punch. When you are pleased as punch, you are very happy and delighted.
- On cloud nine. You are on cloud nine when you are very happy.
- Jump for joy.
How do you say I’m better?
10 expressions to Use In Speaking And Writing:
- I’m fine thank you.
- I feel great / marvellous / fine.
- Couldn’t be better.
- Fit as a fiddle.
- Very well, thanks.
- Not bad.
Does glad mean happy?
Glad is how you feel when you hear that something nice happened to someone you care about, or when you learn you got an A on that test you studied so hard for. It means happy or pleased. Glad doesn’t quite mean jumping for joy — it’s more a state of contentment and pleasure.
Is anger stronger than love?
Anger is the strongest emotion. We can be deeply in love with someone, but when we get into an argument, all that love can fly out the window and we can become consumed in anger. When we’re overcome with anger, all thoughts of love, peace and well-being seem to vanish.
What emotion is higher than love?
How do you use Glad in a sentence?
- Good children make glad parents.
- I’m glad to meet you.
- We are glad he has made such great progress.
- I’m glad to hear that.
- I’m glad that the exams are over. Random good picture Not show.
- I am glad about his new job.
- I’m glad to meet you. –So am I.
- I’m glad I’ve gotten to know you.