Which careers will disappear soon?
30 Jobs That Will Disappear This Decade
- Aircraft Structure, Surfaces, Rigging and Systems Assemblers.
- Postal Service Mail Sorters, Processors and Processing Machine Operators.
- Milling and Planing Machine Setters, Operators and Tenders, Metal and Plastic.
- Coil Winders, Tapers and Finishers.
- Nuclear Technicians.
- Pressers, Textile, Garment and Related Materials.
What is the best field of law?
16 Top Areas of Law
- Complex Litigation. This is an area of law that demands a lot of patience and incredible attention to detail.
- Corporate Law. Corporate law also handles business affairs, but it is more concerned with day-to-day, typical practices.
- Tax Law.
- Intellectual Property.
What should I put on my resume for receptionist?
Receptionist Resume – Samples & How to Guide
- Greeting and welcoming guests and providing them with a positive first impression of the organization.
- Directing guests and answering their questions.
- Notifying other workers of visitor arrival.
- Maintaining security and telecommunications systems.
Can administrative assistants move up?
For example, some Administrative Assistants may find they have a love for budgeting and branch off the administrative path to pursue finance. Ambitious admins will never lack opportunities to move up the ranks within their teams or even to switch departments and explore new roles.
What is a good receptionist?
Naturally, a receptionist should have excellent verbal communication skills. Active listening and great customer service skills also are a must. A talented receptionist can connect callers and visitors with the right employees, as well as handle basic customer service problems and requests adeptly.
What jobs will never disappear?
What Jobs Will Never Go Away?
- Healthcare Professionals.
- Nurse Anesthetists, Nurse Midwives and Nurse Practitioners.
- Registered Nurses.
- Physicians and Surgeons.
- Other Healthcare Career Paths.
- Public Safety and Security Professionals.
- Police Officers, Detectives and Criminal Investigators.
- Court Reporters.
What should a receptionist say?
Encourage your receptionist to always say, “thank you,” “please may I,” and “have a nice day.” When these polite terms are used, the customer notices and their experience is enhanced.