How can I make my basement ceiling look better?
A super easy DIY option for your basement ceiling is glue-on tiles. Typically made of polystyrene or fiberboard, these tiles come in a variety of colors, sizes, and styles, and are also paintable. You’ll need to install a foundation, like plywood, to glue them to. But after that, it’s as simple as glue and stick.
How do you make a low basement ceiling look good?
How do you make a room look bigger with low ceilings?
- Recessed lighting is a great start! Switching from outdated incandescent lighting to recessed lighting can make a huge visual impact on your space.
- Skip the hanging ceiling lights, such as pendant lighting.
- Keep your paint colors light and bright.
Can you use wood paneling for basement ceiling?
Painted wood planks, like beadboard panels, work well in basements with lower ceilings, because these planks keep the ceiling profile low while allowing you to add style and texture. Use a lighter color to help amplify light, or use your ceiling as your accent wall by using a color or pattern with the wood planks.
Can you use plywood basement ceiling?
This easy plywood ceiling idea saved us a ton of time and money when we finished out our garage apartment home. It was easier than finishing drywall and went up really quick. I’ll show you how we gave out studio apartment a fun look with this plywood ceiling and simple modern trim detail to cover the seams.
What do you do with low basement ceilings?
Low ceilings in your basement? Try these solutions
- Paint The Walls and The Ceiling One Color.
- Use A Light Colored Paint.
- Use Light Fixtures That Bounce Light Off the Ceiling.
- Use Mirrors.
- Use Unusual Lights That Aren’t All Can Lights.
- Use Furnishings That Go Floor to Ceiling.
- Use Tall Plants.
- 3 Comments.