How do I mount OCFS2?
These steps should be repeated on each node.
- Installing the OCFS file system binaries. In order to use OCFS2, we need to install the kernel modules and OCFS2-tools.
- Configure the OCFS2 Cluster.
- Setting up Linux file system.
- Update the Linux FSTAB with the OCFS2 drive settings.
- Mount the OCFS2 cluster.
What is GFS2 cluster?
In computing, the Global File System 2 or GFS2 is a shared-disk file system for Linux computer clusters. GFS2 allows all members of a cluster to have direct concurrent access to the same shared block storage, in contrast to distributed file systems which distribute data throughout the cluster.
Which command creates an OCFS2 file system?
You can use the mkfs. ocfs2 command to create an OCFS2 volume on a device.
How do I check my OCFS2 file system?
ocfs2 is used to check an OCFS2 file system. device is the file where the file system is stored (e.g. /dev/sda1). It will almost always be a device file but a regular file will work as well.
How do I configure GFS2?
Here is the list of activity in an order to configure the GFS2 between two node cluster (Pacemaker).
- Install GFS2 and lvm2-cluster packages.
- Enable clustered locking for LVM.
- Create DLM and CLVMD resources on Pacemaker.
- Set the resource ordering and colocation.
- Configure the LVM objects & Create the GFS2 filesystem.
What is GFS storage?
GFS is made up of several storage systems built from low-cost commodity hardware components. It is optimized to accomodate Google’s different data use and storage needs, such as its search engine, which generates huge amounts of data that must be stored.
Which resource must be created before configuring the first OCFS2 filesystem resource?
Before you can create OCFS2 volumes, you must configure the following resources as services in the cluster: DLM and a STONITH resource.
How do you configure GFS2 Pacemaker cluster resources?
Install GFS2 and lvm2-cluster packages. Set the resource ordering and colocation. Add logical volume & filesystem in to the pacemaker control. (gfs2 doesn’t use /etc/fstab)….Create DLM and CLVMD cluster Resources:
- Login to one of the cluster node.
- Create clone resources for DLM and CLVMD.
- Check the cluster status.
How do I mount a GFS2 filesystem in Linux?
4.4. Special Considerations when Mounting GFS2 File Systems
- Always use an entry in the fstab file to mount the GFS2 file system.
- If a GFS2 file system has been mounted manually with the mount command, be sure to unmount the file system manually with the umount command before rebooting or shutting down the system.
What is the difference between GFS and HDFS?
The HDFS is inspired from the GFS. Both the file systems are using the master slave architecture. The GFS works on the Linux platform on the other hand the HDFS works on the cross platforms. GFS has two servers master node and chunk servers and the HDFS has name node and data node servers.
How is GFS different from other file system?
Compared with traditional file systems, GFS is designed and optimized to run on data centers to provide extremely high data throughputs, low latency and survive individual server failures. Inspired by GFS, the open source Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS) stores large files across multiple machines.
How do I mount my girlfriends filesystem in Linux?
Before you can mount a GFS file system, the file system must exist (refer to Section 4.1, “Making a File System”), the volume where the file system exists must be activated, and the supporting clustering and locking systems must be started (refer to Chapter 3, Getting Started and Configuring and Managing a Red Hat …