How do I reinstall GRUB2 EFI?
To do so, as root , follow these steps:
- Run the rm /etc/grub.d/* command;
- Run the rm /etc/sysconfig/grub command;
- For EFI systems only, run the following command: ~]# dnf reinstall grub2-efi shim.
- Rebuild the grub.cfg file by running the grub2-mkconfig -o command as follows:
How do I reinstall GRUB2 from rescue mode?
In order to reinstall GRUB2 you have to boot into rescue mode….Booting into rescue mode and reinstalling GRUB2
- Boot from the RHEL7 installation DVD by altering the boot order in Bios and selecting DVD media as the first booting preference.
- At the boot screen, Select the Troubleshooting option at the end of the screen.
How do I fix GRUB2 error?
You may need to choose a Wi-Fi network and enter its passphrase. The Boot Repair window will automatically scan your system after you run the boot-repair command. After it scans your system, click the “Recommended repair” button to repair GRUB2 with a single click.
How do I fix EFI grub?
Repair GRUB2-efi boot
- Open a terminal and mount the root partition (/) of the device containing your OS.
- Mount the /dev/sda1 partition as that is likely your efi partition and do an “ls” to check.
- Mount the rest of the directories that GRUB needs to use to check for other operating systems, etc.
How do I fix GRUB2?
Can I reinstall grub?
Open a terminal by selecting Applications, Accessories, Terminal from the menu bar. Run the grub-setup -d command as described below. This will reinstall the GRUB 2 files on the mounted partition to the proper location and to the MBR of the designated device.
How do I fix grub in rescue mode?
Fixing Boot Failure
- Use the set command with no arguments to view the environment variables: set.
- The ls command lists the available partitions on the disk.
- Set the boot partition as the value of the root variable.
- Load the normal boot mode.
- Start the normal boot mode.
- Load the Linux kernel using the linux command.
How do I repair Ubuntu installation?
The graphical way
- Insert your Ubuntu CD, reboot your computer and set it to boot from CD in the BIOS and boot into a live session. You can also use a LiveUSB if you have created one in the past.
- Install and run Boot-Repair.
- Click “Recommended Repair”.
- Now reboot your system. The usual GRUB boot menu should appear.
How to restore Grub in Ubuntu?
Get Ubuntu live USB/DVD stick and boot into the live desktop.
How do I completely reinstall Ubuntu from terminal?
– Insert your Ubuntu CD, reboot your computer and set it to boot from CD in the BIOS and boot into a live session. – Install and run Boot-Repair. – Click “Recommended Repair”. – Now reboot your system.
How to install Grub Ubuntu?
Boot to the LiveCD Desktop.
How to reinstall Ubuntu from USB?
Reinstall Ubuntu, but keep personal data. Step 1) First step is to create an Ubuntu Live DVD or USB drive, which will reinstall Ubuntu. Head over to our detailed guide and return with an Ubuntu Live DVD/USB drive. Step 2) Boot your computer into the Ubuntu Live disk. Step 3) Select “Install Ubuntu”.