What database does iSeries use?
In an iSeries environment, Sterling B2B Integrator uses the DB2® database that is included in the IBM i operating system.
What is iSeries Db2?
Db2® for i is the relational database manager that is fully integrated on your system. Because it is integrated on the system, Db2 for i is easy to use and manage.
How do I connect IBM Db2 to power BI?
To make the connection, take the following steps:
- Select the IBM Db2 database option from Get Data.
- Specify the IBM Db2 server to connect to in Server.
- If you’re connecting from Power BI Desktop, select either the Import or DirectQuery data connectivity mode.
- Select OK.
How do I create an ODBC connection to as400?
Steps to setup ODBC connection to AS/400
- Select the System DSN tab.
- Click on Add, Select iSeries Access ODBC Driver click on Finish.
- Fill in the iSeries Access For Windows ODBC setup.
Is IBM Db2 still used?
Database products are available from all the big manufacturers, but two of the most popular are IBM Db2 Database and Oracle Database. As relational database management systems (RDBMS), both are used for managing and indexing the information on your systems.
What is DB2 Connect?
IBM Db2® Connect connects the different applications in your enterprise to your mainframe. It provides application enablement and a communication infrastructure that lets you connect web, Microsoft Windows, UNIX, Linux and mobile applications to IBM z/OS®, AS/400, iSeries and System i™ data.
How do I test ODBC connection to iSeries?
Test the ODBC driver
- In Windows, navigate to Start > Programs > ServiceNow ODBC > ODBC Administrator.
- Select the System DSN tab, and then select the ServiceNow data source.
- Click Configure.
- Click Test Connect in the ODBC driver Setup dialog box.
- Enter the login credentials.
- Click OK to log in to the data source.