How much does it cost to put a bimini top on a boat?
A bimini top will cost you between $1000 and $3000 for an average sailboat. A hard top bimini will cost between $2000 and $6000 (twice as much). A DIY bimini kit costs around $200 – $300.
What is the difference between a 3 and 4 bow bimini top?
Most bimini tops have three or four bows which are the steel frames that run through the fabric. Three bows are used on runabouts while four are needed on pontoons and larger fishing boats.
How do I choose the right Bimini for my boat?
Selecting a Bimini Top
- Determine what portion of your boat you want the top to cover. The tops come in 5′, 5’6″, 6′, 8′, 9′ and 10′ lengths.
- Determine where you want the top mounted.
- Stand inside your boat and measure the distance in height from the mounting points to the height you desire.
Can you add a hard top to a boat?
We put a hardtop on our current and also a previous boat from hardtotop.com. It is lightweight and easy to install. You use your bimini frame for the structure. It comes in panels so they can ship it fairly easy.
How do I know what size Bimini top to buy?
The height of your Bimini top is easier to figure out. Measure straight up from the center mounting point to the desired position of your Bimini top. Remember that the measurement should be from the mounting point, not the floor, to make sure the height measurement is correct. The higher it is, the less sun you’ll get.
How do you measure a Bimini top boot?
How to Measure Your Bimini Boot
- Measuring Notes.
- A. Measure the width of the legs from the outside of the frame (this should be below the radius where the frame legs straighten out.
- B. Measure the circumference at center.
- C. Measure the half section.
- A happy email from one of our customers!
How fast can you go with a bimini top up?
How Fast Can I Go With a Bimini Top? With a 2, 3 or 4 bow bimini top the rated top speed is 40 knots (44 mph) fully opened, with a T-Top bimini the rated top speed in 17 knots (20 mph) fully opened.
Is a black bimini top hot?
Yes… Black Canvas is hot.
How do I know what size bimini top to buy?
Are all Bimini tops the same?
The bimini frames come in 3 choices of height. Bear in mind that the overall height and inside clearance of the top will be dependent on your choice of mounting point. To determine final overall bimini height, measure from your mounting point to the deck and then add the height of the frame.
Can you put a hard top on a pontoon boat?
Most pontoon boats are equipped with a removable hardtop. Removable hardtops are easier to install and remove.